Combines speed, lightweight and stability on sloping surfaces to ensure the highest average productivity.
Highest Average Productivity
Substantial savings on trimming Equipment
Reduced deployment of manpower in the hatch
The Scissors grab is available with lifting powers up to 120 tons Safe Working Load with volumes of well over 60 m3. Very suitable for handling coal, iron ores, pellet feed, minerals, biomass, concentrates and bauxite. The Scissors grab is available with an open or half-closed shell.
Compared to clamshell grabs, the Scissors grab combines highest average productivity with significant savings on the use of expensive trimming equipment. Also, the scissors grab is extremely suitable for the use on automated and un-manned installations.
Stability on sloping surfaces, short cycle time, reduction of avalanching of cargo in the hold and enhanced safety in the hold are distinctive advantages.
The added value of the scissors grab
- Highest average productivity
- Extremely favourable cleaning-up capabilities, reducing the cleaning-up phase
- The favourable centre of gravity saves time because the grab does not topple over
- Reduced risk of ship’s damage thanks to grab design and horizontal digging curve
- Lower operational costs thanks to reduced deployment of trimming machines and staff
- Very low maintenance costs per ton material handled
- Grab can be changed without climbing into the grab
- Specifically suited for use with automated gantry cranes
Scissors grab gallery
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
We will be happy to help you!
+31 111 418 943